Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Escape Music's three reissues Jan 2018
gdazegod
Escape Music have three albums for reissue in January 2018:

Salty Dog - 2nd album (previously officially unreleased)
Jon Butcher Axis - s/t
Jon Butcher Axis - Stare At The Sun

The latter two being remastered by JK Northrup.

Due date: 26 Jan 2018 (which is a Friday, and in my neck of the woods, it is also Australia Day (or as the Aboriginals call it: Invasion Day... lol)

rkbluez
It would be great if the Butchers were mastered from the original tapes and not cleaned up from vinyl...hopefully we'll find out more before they land.

reyno-roxx
Jon Butcher has been involved with the Escape reissues. He was certainly very helpful when it came to the liner notes. The first album has been on my personal wish list for CD release for years.

gdazegod
That is great news Dave. Yes, an album on many a collectors CD reissue list, mine included.

darkblue
The Jon Butcher albums will be auto-buys for me thanks to RK turning me onto them a few years back.

Some really good stuff from Escape in recent times!

rkbluez
If Jon's involved they will probably sound great...just hope Escape don't do the same lame job they did with the Refugee and Tantrum reissues that screamed vinyl rips.

Any rate bout time someone did them...now if only some label will do the Novo Combo stuff especially the first album.

reyno-roxx
With regards Novo Combo, Stephen Dees told me there isn't any interest from Universal in putting them out on CD now they're available on ITunes or whatever. I would certainly love to see them both on CD. There was a wealth of live stuff recorded too.

rkbluez
Are both Jon Butcher CD's due out in January I'm only seeing the s/t listed?

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
First Shot - 2003 Midnight Madness, Wavelength - 1993 Listen, Goodman, Tim - 1981 Footsteps, Best Of 2007 - 2007 Jeff Duran, Persia - 1991 Persia [4 track EP], Thin Lizzy - 1978 Live And Dangerous, Eternal Reign - 2005 Forbidden Path, Mystic Healer - 1998 Mystic Healer, ZZYZX - 1986 Runnin', XsavioR - 2005 Caleidoscope, Black Label Society - 2003 The Blessed Hellride, Cheap Trick - 1982 One On One, Silent Rage - 2008 Four Letter Word, Scooter - 1981 One By One, Derringer - 1977 Sweet Evil
Tags©
Kelly Grocutt Electric Light Orchestra Fergie Frederiksen Frederiksen-Denander Tommy Denander Petra John Verity Lord Billionaire Boys Club The Eagles Manito Park Nazareth Queensryche EP The Upset Slide Toxic Rose Smartbomb Sonata Arctica Rock Candy Records Coney Hatch Mr Big (UK) Donnie Iris Alkatraz Burntfield EP Iron Butterfly GMT Michael Schenker Group Operator Grand Prix Lee Ritenour Dragonforce Utopia Todd Rundgren Zebra PM Peter Mayer Hugo Neal Schon Whitesnake
All Tags