Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Riot - 7 CD Boxset (The Official Bootleg Box Set Vol 2)
gdazegod
[img]https://glorydazemusic.com/infusions/images/reviews/riot_boxset.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
This is a new set of live recordings, sourced from the estate of the laet Mark Reale, guitarist for the NY heavy metal rock legends RIOT. Soon to be released by Cherry Records on the 5th January 2018 (that's next Friday folks!), the package will contain 7 discs of different live performances during Riot's seminal years.

Disc One is from the Manchester Apollo during the 'Fire Down Under' tour of 1981. 13 October 1981.
Disc Two is from the Ipswich Gaumont, the following night. 14 October 1981.
Disc Three is from the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland Ohio, 8 November 1981.

Disc Four is a performance in Long Island NY on the 'Restless Breed' tour. 1 July 1982.
Disc Fice is a 1983 performance at Paramount Theater, Staten Island.
Disc Six is a 1990 performance in Osaka, Japan.

Disc Seven is a licorice all-sorts collection of various demos, working tracks. rehearsals etc.

Reelasde Date: 5 Jaunary 2018
Price: £21.99

Check out the Cherry Red webpage for more detail: Cherry Red Site

Nick C
It arrived a couple of days back. Similar to the Vol. 1 set in terms of quality, bootleg in the title is the key. Discs 1 & 2 are pretty good soundwise,although the Manchester gig (which I thought I was at but wasn't it was the 1980 gig supporting Sammy Hargreaves ...erm Hagar that I was at) starts with a little gentle wowing from the tape source if that's the right name for it but it's cleared by the second song.
The quality of the 3rd disc is a little rougher.
Disc 4 and 5 features Rhett Forrester and again the quality is okay not brilliant but not bad.
The best sounding disc is the 6th which is the line up that recorded Thundersteel.
Disc 7 is just band rehearsal/writing demos all for the Fire Down Under album not very good quality really...merely a curio and hardly of any worth apart for the rabid Riot fan who has to have everything.

I'm pleased I grabbed it but it's probably not for the person who is just curious about the band, there are much better places to start.

gdazegod
I know David Shaw is another huge Riot fan. Maybe he can add his opinion when he logs in here again.

david
Nothing pleases me more to see vintage Riot released, but here is the big issue for me. I held off the first release as I couldn’t justify the price for 5 CDs which have the same songs in the same order. Again the vol 2 has similar number of discs with very similar set lists. My CD buying has changed over the years, I buy what I want to listen to not to collect, also I have a cap on how much I pay for a CD. I would rather have a single excellent live recording from a band than 7 CDs of mediocre quality. And I know out of the 7 CDs I would highly likely only play one CD regularly. The other 6 would stay in the box and not see the light of day. For me, i am more than happy with the Riot live with Guy, recorded at Hammersmith and Donnington.

Nick C
To top it all the Aerosmith 15CD box fell through the letterbox today haha!

dtabachn
Have you guys seen The Metal Voice's documentary on Riot, 'Fight Or Fall'? There's two parts on Youtube. Very revealing, some interesting points of view like Peter Bitelli's and Steve Loeb's. What bugs me to a certain extent is the dirty laundry exposed years after the facts, like LA Kouvaris exit from the band. But in the end it is good to know, especially when there's not that much information about early Riot.

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Heart - 1978 Magazine, Aquila - 2002 Say Yeah, Touch, John Jeff - 2008 Interview, Various Artists - 2004 Influences & Connections Vol 1 - Mr. Big, Serpentine - 2010 A Touch Of Heaven, Travers, Pat (Band) - 1982 Black Pearl, Starcastle - 1978 Real To Reel, Spiro, Mark - 2003 King Of The Crows, Cooper, Alice - 1987 Raise Your Fist And Yell, Cotton, Paul - 1990 Changing Horses, Horslips - 1977 Aliens, Price, Lisa - 1983 Priceless, Dio - 2005 Evil Or Divine [Live In New York City], Metalian - 2009 Wasteland, Best Of 2008 - 2008 Jeff Duran
Tags©
Baltimoore Theocracy Tiger (UK) The Feeling Doc Holliday Rock Candy Records Tesla Lebocat Jon Anderson Yes Colour Radio Legs Diamond Daylight Robbery Jim Steed Gus G Firewind Broken Toyz Kim Mitchell EP Paul Janz Infernophonic Riot Vicious Rumors David Isaacs Billy Satellite Zeno Scandal #2 Section A Chris Francis Ten Jimmy Barnes Live Albums Negus GNP Saga Rock Candy Records SPYS Rapid Tears EP Dave Lambert
All Tags