Theme Switcher

Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.

Site Stats

Album Reviews: 6922
Comments: 16840
Ratings: 5042
Forum Posts: 22613

Search DDG

View Thread

Fleetwood Mac news - Neil Finn and Mike Campbell to join Print Thread

Started by gdazegod on 09-04-2018 22:07

There are 6 posts in this thread and it was viewed 143 times
Who posted:
  • gdazegod 2
  • reyno-roxx 1
  • jefflynnefan 1
  • darkblue 1
  • Eric 1
gdazegod
With the departure of Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac, the classic rockers have made two change to the lineup, which will tour later in the year.

Neil Finn (Split Enz, Crowded House) is one of those, the second being former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell.

It's not quite clear what the circumstances were behind Buckingham's departure, as this is only a recent announcement.

https://www.stuff...etwood-mac

jefflynnefan
Remember that old song by the Delfonics "Didn't I blow Your Mind This Time, Didn't I " ? Well that's me about this one. I think Lindsay wanted to record new material and release a new cd, then go on tour. And Stevie shot that down. Stevie has been dried up for years now songwriting wise. I understand why Mike might want to join and tour but Neil must be bored.

Eric
Seriously, Fleetwood Mac have gone on far too long.

reyno-roxx
Mike Campbell is more than capable of doing something far greater on his own. Stevie Nicks must've had a word in his ear.

darkblue

>reyno-roxx wrote:

Mike Campbell is more than capable of doing something far greater on his own. Stevie Nicks must've had a word in his ear.

Yeah, that's my biggest disappointment with this. Fleetwood Mac have always been about the drama, the break ups and the line-up moves that no one saw coming.

However I'd rather have seen Mike Campbell come to the front with whatever he chose to do next, rather than spend the night playing someone else's licks.

Finn is a talent, but he's a weird fit here - for me anyway.

gdazegod
I guess money talks.

Jump to Forum: