Theme Switcher
Switch to:

mewe

Join us over at the Facebook replacement MeWe.com. Join up and become part of 2018's great migration off of Facebook.
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Site Stats
Album Reviews: 6679
Comments: 16714
Ratings: 4967
Forum Posts: 22735
View Thread
 Print Thread
Fleetwood Mac news - Neil Finn and Mike Campbell to join
gdazegod
With the departure of Lindsay Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac, the classic rockers have made two change to the lineup, which will tour later in the year.

Neil Finn (Split Enz, Crowded House) is one of those, the second being former Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell.

It's not quite clear what the circumstances were behind Buckingham's departure, as this is only a recent announcement.

https://www.stuff...etwood-mac

jefflynnefan
Remember that old song by the Delfonics "Didn't I blow Your Mind This Time, Didn't I " ? Well that's me about this one. I think Lindsay wanted to record new material and release a new cd, then go on tour. And Stevie shot that down. Stevie has been dried up for years now songwriting wise. I understand why Mike might want to join and tour but Neil must be bored.

Eric
Seriously, Fleetwood Mac have gone on far too long.

reyno-roxx
Mike Campbell is more than capable of doing something far greater on his own. Stevie Nicks must've had a word in his ear.

darkblue
reyno-roxx wrote:

Mike Campbell is more than capable of doing something far greater on his own. Stevie Nicks must've had a word in his ear.

Yeah, that's my biggest disappointment with this. Fleetwood Mac have always been about the drama, the break ups and the line-up moves that no one saw coming.

However I'd rather have seen Mike Campbell come to the front with whatever he chose to do next, rather than spend the night playing someone else's licks.

Finn is a talent, but he's a weird fit here - for me anyway.

gdazegod
I guess money talks.

jefflynnefan
The tour kicks off in Tulsa , OK in October. Sort of tempted to go. Interview is from today. YouTube Video:

Jump to Forum:

Articles Cloud
Cain, Tane - 1982 Tane Cain, Fury - 1985 Fury, Crawler - 1977 Crawler, Change Of Heart - 2016 Last Tiger, Little Caesar - 1990 Little Caesar, Gleason, Michael - 1990 Children Of Choices, Rea, Chris - 1980 Tennis, Graf - 1981 Graf, Affair (Germany) - 1998 Face To Face, Marianus - 1981 Visions From Out Of The Blue, Sterling - 1980 City Kids, Fast Machine - 2002 2 Track Promo, Rush, Neil (Band) - 1984 See You Soon [EP], Stonewall - 1974 Stoner, Unified Past - 2015 Shifting The Equilibrium
Tags©
Cheap Trick Ted Nugnet Quiet Riot Van Halen The Essential Series Riot Kiss Aerosmith Alice Cooper Blackfoot Jimi Hendrix Experience Angel Cold Chisel Son Of A Bitch Doobie Bros Rhythm House Norden Light Iron Maiden Stories Ian Lloyd Hydrogyn Warp Drive Rock Candy Records Kix Alkemyst Elektradrive David Palmer Baby Blue Stride Black N Blue Bernie Marsden Iron Maiden Rage (Germany) Withem Lewis Taylor Europe (Band) Best Of 2012 Quarterflash Alyson Avenue Second Heat Hungry Heart DGM Best Of 2011 Suzi Quatro Actors And Actresses
All Tags