Focus On Metal Podcast

DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina
edited April 2021 in INDUSTRY NEWS:

Just today I found out about this podcast that has been produced since 2013, with nearly 500 episodes to date, hosted by Scott Thompson & Richie Waddell. I don't remember whether this pod has been mentioned here before.

Interestingly, they have three episodes featuring Dave Reynolds exclusively, two of them related to his Kerrang! years.

I've listened to all three, and loved what I've heard from a true connoisseur as Reyno is. These episodes are #394, #395 and #469.

Lots of other stuff that might be of interest for GDM regulars as well.

Link is: https://focusonmetalpod.com/

Comments

• Options
    I really enjoyed Dave’s interview, bought back some great memories. I remember the first time I meet Dave, back in 1982. I was at a Wrathchild gig at Hammersmith Clarendon and Dave was there with Steve. I bought a copy of the fanzine they worked on, White Lighting. 39 years later I am still in touch with Dave and had the greatest of pleasure in meeting up with him when we where back in the UK in 2019.
  • Options
    Great stuff! Just listened to the 3 Dave R. interviews plus Xavier Russell and Howard Johnson. Disappointed that the Derek Oliver one (338) from 2017 isn't the right link. You get a repeat of 336 which is Derek Shulman. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to email the site to tell them. How come no-one noticed in 4 years?
  • Options
    I've just seen that, Ep. 338 is missing on their website. However, here's a couple of links to the actual one:

Google Podcasts
    Listen Notes
  • Options
    Many thanks dtabachn! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    My pleasure. By the way, I contacted them on their FB page, Richie Waddell responded, they are currently migrating their content so he took note of the missing episode. He was thankful to us for listening to the podcast.
  • Options
    I've just listened to the two Sylvie Simmons ones too.
    btw I thought it was funny that the interviewer's Irish accent made 'thrash metal' come out as 'trash metal' though that is actually nearer the truth! I can see me spending months on this site (currently listening to the Greg Giuffria House of Lords podcast.)