Journey - The Way We Used To Be

DEMONAORDEMONAOR Ås,Akershus, Norway
edited June 25 in Videos of the Week

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Surprisingly average for a first single....
  • Options
    What a load of bollocks. Sounds like every other shite half assed AOR outfit plundering the same worn out sound.
  • Options
    gdazegodgdazegod Lostralia
    Gotta say, didn't do anything for me. J as in jaded, not Journey.
  • Options
    george_the_jackgeorge_the_jack No man's land
    edited June 24
    The song is not bad but not great either as it lacks a killer chorus. Also, for some reason I can't explain the sound is muddy and messy o my ears. Stylistically I'd put it somewhere in between ''Arrival'' and ''Eclipse''.
  • Options
    I kind of think I'll be giving this one a miss, I've got the later CDs but as time goes on I just don't play anything post Generations, for me that was the last half decent album.
  • Options
    Compared to the latest efforts by Kansas and Styx this is far far inferior. Not even in the same league, also production-wise. Hope they've chosen the worst track here (like Van Halen did with 'Tattoo') and the rest is way better.
  • Options
    This is ... underwhelming.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that they think the lyric is 'of its time' enough to lead the album even though the song is particularly unexciting.
  • Options
    PatrickHemmingPatrickHemming Tampa Florida
    Journey sure surprised me here. I like it but it took a few spins to grow on me. I thought with all that's riding on this - a new lineup, tour and being it's been eleven years since anything new was heard from them in the studio - that it would be a lot more immediate. Come out of the gate with authority. This does give me some concern for the album proper. Time will tell.
  • Options
    ExplorerExplorer England
    They chose this as a first ‘taster’? Frankly this is ponderous and half arsed….
  • Options
    PatrickHemmingPatrickHemming Tampa Florida
    I’m holding out hope but I sure hear u.
  • Options
    gdazegodgdazegod Lostralia
    The folk on the Mr noticeboard love it. Go figure. There's no accounting for taste is there? :*