Frank Marino retires from touring due to medical reasons

Announced on his FB page a couple of days ago. Very sad...

''From Frank Marino:
With sorrow I am forced to announce my immediate retirement from touring, and possibly all things related to continuing my career, due to an unexpected and debilitating medical condition which makes it impossible for me to tour. I want to thank all the people who supported me all of the last half-century. I know that many were looking forward to seeing us play this fall and I was looking forward to getting out again and doing more shows, but it now appears that in the absence of a miraculous recovery, my Concert DVD (Live at the Agora) will constitute the last show I will ever have played. I ask any that are believers to include me in their prayers.''

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    gdazegodgdazegod Antipodes
    Shame, as it seems he had intended to play this year and next.
    Though he doesn't detail what the illness is, I hope it's not serious.
    I was thinking it might be a hand/wrist issue, like carpal tunnel syndrome, but that's not an illness, its an injury. So, it begs the question.. No doubt it'll be revealed eventually.
  • Options
    Frank was one of my very first forays into the American/Canadian rock scene, very sad news.
  • Options
    george_the_jackgeorge_the_jack No man's land
    edited July 2021
    Wrist injuries can indeed be detrimental to guitar players like in the case of Vito Bratta.

As for carpal tunnel syndrome I actually got it myself on my left hand. Sure it's not fun but at least you can do the odd strengthening exercises and have steroid injections to improve it. It's a bummer but forcing you to retire from touring (and possibly playing?) is a completely different story...

Let's hope it is not serious but the announcement ends up asking for prayers so that alone doesn't look good.

I wish him all the best. Frank Marino is God and the Agora live video a must see!
  • Options
    Sade to hear this.
  • Options
    All the best to Frank - sad news and a guitar player I have come to appreciate more and more the older I get.