Erik Gronvall - Headless Cross (B. Sabbath cover)

gdazegodgdazegod Lostralia
edited July 27 in Videos of the Week

A very adventurous attempt to cover this Black Sabbath track by the former H.E.A.T lead singer. Probably not as deep and menacing as the original version with Tony Martin singing, but I'll give Erik his due, he gave it a crack. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina
    edited July 27

I think Erik does a real good job on vocals. I like the fact that he covers a song from my favorite Sabbath era, by and large the 80s and especially the mid-to-late 80s. On the other hand, the guitar and drums sound is rather standard, not as distinguishable as I would have liked for such an epic song. I absolutely love the Jackson Soloist superstrat guitar played for the rhythm tracks!

• Options
    george_the_jackgeorge_the_jack No man's land

I must admit I like this version a lot and we have to take into account that the backing track is nowhere near as good as the original song nor the mastering and mixing is of course.
    I believe this type of rock suits his voice very nicely as he can incorporate a more aggressive tone without problem when the song calls for it. I would also love to hear him on 80's Savatage or Crimson Glory. Bet he can dramatize the vocals as required.
    Glad to see his voice's still going strong after all he's gone through.

• Options

I was totally underwhelmed by the prospect of this but it's actually really good. The song really suits him and he does a great job with it.

• Options

Good to see / hear that his voice is still intact after all he's been through!

• Options
    ChrisChris Germany

I think this is a great version of one of my favourite Sabbath-tracks. Erik proves that he has nothing to prove. Probably my favourite singer out there at the moment. Keep it up, man, and get well soon!