KISS - Destroyer 45th Anniversary Deluxe Edition.

Coming out November 19th. Available in various formats. I’m going the whole hog on this one !!

Comments

• Options

Haven't they milked this one to death already?

• Options

I'm with Malcolm on this one.

• Options

I'm in for this. I'm impressed by how thorough the contents are: Kiss usually holds back on archive stuff to string the fans along but this looks pretty comprehensive. I'm also interested to hear what Steven Wilson does with his remix.

• Options

Those suns of bitches. They’re going to be taking my money yet again. Lol

I’m all in, as usual.

This looks like the best KISS collection since the Box Set back in 2001. Never mind that Destroyer is my favorite KISS album, I’d buy a collection like this for The Elder as well.

Paul Stanley is sitting on piles of unreleased songs. Some you can find on YouTube in poor quality. Despite the crummy sound what I’ve heard is quality AOR & Melodic Rock.

They need to do more like this while we’re all still here to purchase them. We aren’t getting any younger. Lol

• Options

Steven Wilson remixes have always been sympathetic to the original. Whether he is (was) a KISS fan…who knows?, but I’m intrigued to hear what he’s done with the album.

• Options

I quite enjoy his mix of Songs From The Bug Chair.

• Options

KISS haven't milked their back catalogue at all compared to most bands. A few reissues here and there but this is the first box of this ilk they've done and about time too. Count me in!

• Options

Is there a UK link to pre-order it yet??

• Options

Oh, let’s just face it… this thing just looks like a whole lot of FUN. And who couldn’t use a little fun in their life?

Stickers, posters, newsletters, Kiss Army memberships…. Iron-ons, for gods sake??!? When’s the last time you saw an iron-on?

If you’re a Kiss fan, this is the cat’s meow (yes, that’s a sneaky Peter criss reference)!

• Options

It’s the, “Ace up the sleeve”.

I’m so sorry.

• Options

Steven, I’m sure it’ll come up on Amazon sooner or later. I don’t fancy incurring the shipping charges from the US for it.

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina

Kiss haven't treated their fans to deluxe edition/box sets as I would have wished, so this is a more than welcome release.

Destroyer Resurrected was a good update in sound for the modern times, but it wasn't enough. Now we've got the extras.

Can't wait to listen to Beth's acoustic version, the mono single versions and the Paris concert, which I hope is a soundboard as the audience bootleg has been circulating for some time and the band was on fire that night.

There's tons of demos that have been circulating in various bootlegs, it is about time Kiss properly release them as part of deluxe editions, other than the few that were on the Love Gun Deluxe. They should have been part of the Box Set as the whole Wicked Lester album should have been as well, I feel that was a missed opportunity in this sense.

There's also a bunch of good live bootlegs that deserve an official release, just like the recent Tokyo 2001 concert.

Anyway, hope I can grab a copy at a fair price here in South America, for now I feel like a kid waiting for the candy store to open! :smiley:

• Options

There are far more compilations/greatest hits of Kiss out there than needed, that's for sure. Also a few "across board" box sets. But when it comes to single albums, I agree with Steven. They did the (very good) 1997 remasters, a Love Gun deluxe and Destroyer Resurrected. That's it!

Also, I don't think Paul and Gene have the slightest clue how many people would buy a The Elder deluxe edition with outtakes. It would be a pretty good seller.

• Options

Agreed Rob. The Elder is just begging for a deluxe overhaul, but as Stanley and Simmons have a complete downer on the album I can’t see it happening anytime soon…but I’d like to be proved wrong.

• Options
    ExplorerExplorer England
    edited October 3

The 2 CD and vinyl sets are now available to pre order over at Amazon UK, I’m sure the full box set will go up soon. Udiscovermusic.com are selling the full box set at £149.99.

• Options

I must admit that I caved and ordered from the KISS official store. Only around (including postage) £15 a difference, so more than I wanted/needed to pay but not a bank breaker compared to the (admittedly high) price of the box itself!

Happy to keep my spend away from Amazon as well.

• Options

I’ve finally taken the plunge through Udiscovermusic.com. Postage just £3.95.