Y&T - Summertime Girls

Summer is coming to a end so here a salute to Summer!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great blast from the past! Doesn't Dave Meniketti sound a bit like Sammy Hagar here? Love their Open Fire live album.

• Options

A cross of Sammy Hagar and Dennis Churchill-Dries (White Sister).

• Options

Oh you just hit the nail on the head.

Patrick H had this tune on his show recently… I was out forcing myself to go running, and you could sense the slight change of season in the air. When this track came on, it was like holding onto summer just a little bit longer!!

• Options

One last little taste of Summer was exactly how I looked at it.

• Options

I recently got rid of my cable tv because they kept going up on the price. I now have RoKu which is a free service. It's great! You have to watch commercials like regular TV but like I said it's free and uncut. Lot's to choose from too. You can also buy new movies and other such services. I highly recommend it. Anyways, it has lot's of music channels, on one of the channels - Pluto TV. 70's , 80's videos, MTV, VH1 , etc.. music documentaries. I've been
    having a blast watching them all.

• Options
    george_the_jackgeorge_the_jack No man's land
    edited September 21

Well, I've never thought about that Sammy Hagar reference but it might well be the reason I love Dave's voice after all. :)

Not only a top 5 guitar player for me but an unreal singer as well! I've seen them 4 times and they blew me away all of them. A definite ''must-see'' band for every self-respected rock/metal fan.

Another proof Dave has always been a great singer is his mid-80's ''Hear 'N' Aid'' performance where he competes favorably against the cream of the crop of hard rock /metal.

• Options

Funny trivia about the above video I saw a while ago on Jill Meniketti (Dave's wife) FB wall:

''For #WayBackWednesday: Y&T Summertime Girls vid gazebo scene (me in Dave Meniketti's blue leopard shirt). The director says, "Jill, walk by Dave. Dave, follow alongside & sing to Jill....Action!" Out of nowhere, some girl takes huge strides to catch up to me & then paces me. (She knew the camera would be on her.) The director calls, "Cut!" We tried several more takes but that girl upstaged me every time. ???? Good thing I wasn't an aspiring actor. ????''

• Options
    edited September 21

....or actress? I love that video - what a great way to say farewell to summer, it's hanging on here at the moment, great weather but it's days are numbered :(

• Options
    DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina

Going back to the Hear 'N Aid album, the song Go For The Throat is my favorite there besides the Stars single. The power of the drums, Dave's torrid vocals, can't believe that studio version was only included later as a bonus on the In Rock We Trust 2006 remaster, a brilliant track.

• Options

You may or may not know Meniketti was offered the vocalist role in early Legs Diamond, but declined necause he wanted to stay in SF rather than move to LA. We got two great bands out of that choice!