Dan McCafferty, RIP

Former Nazareth frontman Dan McCafferty dead at 76
loudersound.com

Link

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

He was always a favorite of mine. Here's a brief tribute I posted on Facebook a little while ago...

"Farewell, Dan McCafferty. From 1968 to 2014, he was the frontman for Scottish rock legends Nazareth. They were best known to the casual listener for the radio staples "Hair Of The Dog" and "Love Hurts" but they had a decades-long catalog with lots of worthwhile tunes exploring many different corners of rock and roll, from almost-metal to sweet AOR. McCafferty had a distinctive 'whisky voice' that was instantly recognizable and had impressive emotive range: he could handle everything from a macho rock stomper to a delicate confessional and the results were always convincing. He had to resign from the band after recording the ROCK N' ROLL TELEPHONE album due to heart-related health issues but fans will never forget that magic voice. In tribute, here's a fine song from one of their latter-day albums, one that is particularly poignant in light of his passing. "Where does the time go," indeed..."

• Options
    gdazegodgdazegod Antipodes

Yep, now Dan and Manny are plotting a heavenly reunion on the other side. Lol.

• Options

Aw No....R.I.P.