Notörious - Seducer

DaveTDaveT Buenos Aires, Argentina
edited July 31 in year-2019

Notörious are a Norwegian Glam Metal band from Bergen, who are aiming at the classic Sunset Strip sound of the 80's.

Notörious - Seducer
ARTIST: Notörious
ALBUM: Seducer
LABEL: Self Released
YEAR: 2019
SPONSOR: Notörious

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Norway Flag
LINEUP: Chris Houdini - vocals * Nikki DiCato - guitar, vocals * Andy Sweet - bass, vocals * Freddy Kixx - drums

TRACK LISTING: 01 Notörious * 02 Friday Night (Get Ready) * 03 Have A Good Time * 04 Seducer * 05 Tonight (Gonna Get It)

RATING: Score=70%
WEBLINKS: [FB Page]

Background

Formed in early 2018, Notörious are a Norwegian Glam Metal band from Bergen, home of well-known artists the likes of metallers Burzum and Enslaved, pop singer Kurt Nilsen and classical composer Edvard Grieg.

Aiming at the classic Sunset Strip sound of the 80's, they cite Mötley Crue, Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, Europe, The Scorpions, Skid Row and Poison among their influences. Their debut EP, consisting of five original songs, was released on April 11, 2019 into digital platforms.

The Songs

Purist classic Glam Metal comes from the speakers as you might guess from the members' names. And from the very first bars you know the band delivers. Houdini is a powerful singer that reminds me of Klaus Meine's inflections while DiCato is an accomplished guitarist influenced by Malmsteen.

They introduce themselves on 'Notörious', a look back at the meaty, raw Motley Crue style of the early 80's with an insistent proud chorus. The Scorpions inspired 'Friday Night (Get Ready)' is their boys-night-out song. I believe a little less screaming would suit the songs better.

'Have A Good Time' brought me back to Loudness' 'Rock 'N Roll Gypsy' and Poison's 'Ride The Wind'. This is a satisfying mid-tempo with lyrical references to the Crue's that would benefit from a slightly more polished sound.

The title track sounds like a grittier and heavier Poison, while the hard-hitting 'Tonight (Gonna Get It)' includes some nice Scandinavian-gang choruses.

In Summary

Notörious fulfill their promise of vintage Glam Metal on their first release with the right sound and songwriting style. There's enough power and melodies to enjoy through these five songs. If I had to mention areas of improvement, I would work on the lyrics and English pronunciation for their next release. Hopefully, a full album from the band will see the light of day soon. But for now, give this EP a listen if you like your Glam Metal.

Video

Have A Good Time

All written content on this website belongs to GloryDazeMusic.com copyright. Duplication elsewhere on the Internet is strictly prohibited, unless specific permission is granted.