edited August 2 in year-1986

ARTIST: Hyde
ALBUM: Hyde
LABEL: Apollo Records
SERIAL: AR00101
YEAR: 1986
CD REISSUE: 2005, Retrospect Records, RR-155

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: image

LINEUP: Pete Jerumanis - lead vocals * Robert Hamilton - guitar * Todd Lossone - bass, vocals * Carlos Valdiva - drums, percussion

TRACK LISTING: 01 Crazy Without You * 02 Love You To Death * 03 Shoot To Kill * 04 Are You With Me * 05 Minuet * 06 Love It While You Can * 07 Wet Sex * 08 Pieces Of Lass * 09 Midnight Chambermaid * 10 Land Of Machines

Background

Hyde were a Californian band based out of Los Angeles, who were well embedded in the glam metal era of the mid 80's.

Signed to Apollo Records out of Glendale CA, Hyde produced a solid set of tunes borrowed heavily from fellow L.A'sters Ratt, and at a touch, Germans Bonfire.

The Songs

Highlights for me include the very Bonfire sounding 'Shoot To Kill', the decent sounding 'Crazy Without You' and the speedy and keyboard laced 'Love It While You Can'.

The ballad 'Are You With Me' was reasonable too, though the acoustic instrumental was a little pointless.

'Wet Sex', Pieces Of Lass' and 'Midnight Chambermaid' all veer to the seedy side of suggestion, while 'Land Of Machines' was just too weird for its own good.

In Summary

As part of Retrospect Records plan to reintroduce glam metal to the masses during the mid 2000's, this album saw a CD reissue in 2005. Unfortunately, like many of the RR reissues, this is long out of print. However, you might be able to find it on a blog somewhere near you.

Videos

All written content on this website belongs to GloryDazeMusic.com copyright. Duplication elsewhere on the Internet is strictly prohibited, unless specific permission is granted.