Miles Long - Fasten Your Seatbelts (EP)

geoviangeovian Earth Orbit
edited August 2 in year-1986

ARTIST: Miles Long
ALBUM: Fasten Your Seatbelts (EP)
LABEL: Miles Long Music
YEAR: 1986

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: image
LINEUP: Tony Ray - vocals * Tim Peregrina, Larry Hightshoe - guitars, backing vocals * Russ Allen-Smith - piano, keyboards, synths, backing vocals * Jimmy Jet Spalding - bass * Dean Rhode - drums, linn drums, percussion, backing vocals

TRACK LISTING: 01 Love Light * 02 I Need Love * 03 Nighttime Hunter * 04 Give It All Up

Background

Miles Long released a private LP pressing back in 1986, and it's a goodie! I would compare this 4-track EP to some of the best indie based AOR ever to be heard during this timeframe. These guys were very professional sounding, and with nearly the entire band providing backing vocals, you can imagine the harmonies are right up there.

The Songs

From San Francisco, I'm hearing some comparisons to Fortune, Journey (especially the first track 'Love Light' and singer Tony Ray's Steve Perry comparison).

Whereas 'Nighttime Hunter' reminds me of material on Van Stephenson's 'Suspicious Heart', while 'Give It All Up' could be straight out of the Sugarcreek hand-book.

In Summary

I only recently re-acquainted myself with this fileshare after doing some tidy up in my audio library.

I've had it for years (it might have come from my DC Plus years), but I really need to get a high quality fileshare, as this one is really worth it.

All written content on this website belongs to GloryDazeMusic.com copyright. Duplication elsewhere on the Internet is strictly prohibited, unless specific permission is granted.

Comments

• Options
    richardbrichardb Poole, Dorset
    edited November 2020
    Agreed, this is something of a minor AOR classic. I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new copy years ago. It still gets a spin on the old turntable from time to time...