edited August 2 in year-1986

ARTIST: Cinderella
ALBUM: Night Songs
LABEL: Mercury
SERIAL: 830 076-1
YEAR: 1986
CD REISSUE: Reissue List..

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: image

LINEUP: Tom Keifer - vocals, guitar, piano * Jeff LaBar - guitar * Eric Brittingham - bass * Albie Barker - drums, percussion * Jim Drnec - drums (session)

Additional Musicians: Barry Bennedetta - lead guitar spots * Jeff Paris - keyboards * Jody Cortez - drums * Tony Mills, Jon Bon Jovi - backing vocals

TRACK LISTING: 01 Night Songs * 02 Shake Me * 03 Nobodys Fool * 04 Nothin' For Nothin' * 05 Once Around The Ride * 06 Hell On Wheels * 07 Somebody Save Me * 08 In From The Outside * 09 Push, Push * 10 Back Home Again

Background

This Philadelphia band are highly under-represented here at GDM.

They were one of the stars of the mid to late 80's run, and were featured prominently in all the rags of the day (Hit Parader, Circus), plus MTV of course.

Fronted by the talented Tom Keifer who appeared to be the second coming of Steve Tyler, the band shot to stardom in early 1987 after the release of 'Night Songs', which was released in August 1986.

The band secured a deal with Mercury/Polygram, thanks to Jon Bon Jovi's interest in the band.

The Songs

Initially, the album was kicked off with Cinderella's first single 'Shake Me', but this selection didn't really set the band alight on radio.

Instead that task was left to the power-ballad 'Nobody's Fool' which made it to #13 in the singles charts.

But don't be fooled by thinking 'Night Songs' contains just a handful of goodies. Excellence is pock-marked everywhere.

I'm particularly taken with 'Somebody Save Me', my favourite cut from the album, which was also the band's third single released in 1987.

'Push Push' sees Cinderella touching the work of contemporaries Krokus and Black N Blue, and then we have the rollicking goodness of 'Once Around The Ride' plus the blusey swagger of 'Hell On Wheels', a style they would ramp on their later albums.

In Summary

After the release, Cinderella went on tour with Poison and Loudness, then hooked up with David Lee Roth and Bon Jovi, all lucrative gigs.

'Night Songs' went to #3 in the Billboard album charts, and by the end of 1987, the band were ready for a rest and getting themselves prepped for album #2 'Long Cold Winter'.

All written content on this website belongs to GloryDazeMusic.com copyright. Duplication elsewhere on the Internet is strictly prohibited, unless specific permission is granted.